A Pair of Candle Holders
Wes ID #
CAI ID #
Original Inventory #
19.1 cm (height) x 10.2 cm (diameter) (7.5 x 4 in)
A Warsaw-based company, Norblin & Co. operated from 1843, when it was founded by Wincenty Norblin and Jan Meylert, until 1939. Wincenty Norblin’s father owned a bronze factory. Norblin & Co., including the father’s bronze factory, produced a large amount of silver, silver-plated, and copper alloy objects. The objects ranged in type from Hanukkah lamps to milk pots and coffee sets. This object (or set of objects) was one of many candle holder sets produced by Norblin in the middle or late 19th century.
Description of materials
Copper Alloy: silver-plated and engraved
Between 1843 and 1915
Place of origin
Given in honor of the 40th wedding anniversary of Nila and Bob Lapidus by family and friends.
Adath Israel Museum, Middletown, CT
This document is currently not available here.