Wes ID #
Original Inventory #
28.3 x 23.5 x 5.1 cm (11 1/8 x 9 1/4 x 2 in.)
Warsaw, Poland became a major site for the mass production of Jewish ceremonial objects during the late nineteenth century (Jewish Museum, Accession number F 1643). Companies—including Norblin, which made this lamp—produced die-stamped objects in factories. Many of these objects (including this one) were made of copper alloy finished with silver plating. This factory model allowed the companies to produce ceremonial objects cheaply and efficiently.
Description of materials
Copper Alloy: die-stamped, silver-plated, and cast
Between 1883 and 1896
Place of origin
Warsaw (Russian Poland)
Adath Israel Museum, Middletown, CT
This document is currently not available here.